Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cars....

I decided to write a blog about the cars i drove in US. At the beginning of my stay in US within 1 month, I managed to drove 5 different types of cars. Subsequently, I drove Kia Optima for 2 months before I met minor accident (not my fault :p). The rental car company changed it to Toyota Corolla - Sports edition (in blue - my favorite color) for 4 months. After Toyota, I got to drive Ford Fusion and Kia Optima until the end of my assignment. During the course of 1 year, I drove 8 types of different cars which gives me to luxury to test drive the cars for longer period.

The original blog was posted on Mar 3rd 2007....

Cars....

Hahaha... I want to share my experience with Cars in US. I think I have driven 5 different type of cars ever since I am here.

When I arrived at the Portland International Airport, I was given a Kia Optima for first 2 days. I have to change another car because my company wants me to take a car from a non-airport rental office (saves on taxes).

Then, I was given Mazda 5 which is a 7 seater. I thought they have given me a wrong car because it looks like MPV to me but they said Mazda 5 is a mid size car. But I have to change anyway because the car does not have navigation system.

Then, I was given a bigger car Chevrolet Impalada because navigation system can only be installed in a full size car. I like the car because it is quite stable and smooth to drive. I drove the car to Seattle during Chinese New Year and it is very comfortable journey.




After 1 month sitting in a big and comfortable car, I need to change to compact car. I got a Ford Focus and I make a lot of complain about the car. First of all, it was not clean when it was given to me. And I don't feel safe to drive in the car :(. So, I decided to request my manager to approve my upgrade to mid size car. Then, I got a brand new Mazda 6 (as you can see, it does not have car registration number yet). It is kind of sporty car. So, I will be driving the car for the next two months until I return the car when I go home for 2 weeks. Let's see what car I will be getting after I come back from home leave.






No comments:

Post a Comment