Saturday, June 20, 2009

Celebrating Chinese New Year away from home


The best part of Chinese New Year is visiting relatives to do some catch up. It was hard for me to celebrate Chinese New Year away from home for the first time. I wondered how did my family celebrated Chinese New Year without me for the first time. Anyway, I decided to go Seattle instead of being sad during Chinese New Year....

The original blog was written on 8th Mar 2007..... whew, not 3rd Mar 2007....

Chinese New Year

I accidentally deleted my blog on Seattle. So, I have to rewrite it again :). I hope that I did not leave out anything.

Chinese New Year about gathering and meeting families and friends. This is my first Chinese New Year away from home and my family. It is painful to think about it. However, God has blessed me by allowing me to make a trip to Seattle with my friends.

I have been to Seattle two years ago. However, this trip to Seattle is different because I get to go to more places :). FIrst stop, Pike Place Market. No visit to Seattle will be complete without a visit to Pike Place Market. There is restaurants, crafts, arts and seafood up for sale. I make a trip to First Starbucks in the World and bought a coffee and a souvenir. Next, we went to the Pacific Science Center and visited the Dinasour land, the Sea land and Discovery land. We had a great Chinese New Year eve dinner at a restaurant called China Gate. It is the best Chinese food I had in US. Here are some pictures that I took on my first day :).








On second day, we went to the Seattle Aquarium. It was not as huge as I thought it will be compare to Singapore and Sydney Aquarium. After that, we went to the Woodland Park Zoo to visit the Lions, Zebra, Giraffe, Gorilla and etc. It is pretty big park and we could not finish walking thru the park because we did not have enough time. We ended our trip in Seattle with a visit to Flight Musuem. You get to see all the planes from the first plane (without the engines) to the newer planes. They also have fighter planes and jets.




That's all. Reporting from Hillsboro, Oregon....




No comments:

Post a Comment