Monday, June 22, 2009

End of my adventures in US....

As my adventures in US ended in Jan 4th 2008, I knew I have to move on. At first, I missed US so much. Maybe I missed the life I had there - travelling, trying out new places and having good company. The memories I had in US will forever be in my mind....

Will spend my next couple of weeks to write my travels to New York, Hong Kong, San Diego, Vietnam, Cambodia and Bali

The end.....

Today is Xmas Day 2007 and I realized that I am about to go home. You must be thinking that I did not go anywhere after my operation.... YOU ARE WRONG!!!... Nothing can stop me to travel around and explore places even after my operation.....It's just that I have been busy with work and of course travelling that I did not have time to write it on my blog.... I will fill up the stories and adventure when I have the time... maybe 2 or 3 months later... hehehe....
Anyway, let me give synopsis of where I have been....

1. Seattle (8/24 - 8/25) again - yup... i was there with Hui Hui and Daniel to make my Canada visa :).... I went exploring the underground of Seattle... pretty cool, you should try the underground tour

2. Vancouver and Victoria, Canada (8/31 - 9/3)- I went there with my good friends Hui Hui and Lorna and Daniel. We explore Vancouver for 1.5 days - went to Stanley Park, Robson Street and a couple of places in Vancouver. We had a good Japanese food and also drank a lot :p until I can't even walk straight ;).... Kekeke.... as usual.... Then we took a ferry to Victoria - saw a whale (pretty amazing). We went to Buchart Garden (If i have money, i will eventually retire in Victoria) and then went to Victoria landmark: The parliment and the empress hotel...






3. Went to Mt Rainier (10/6) - I went there with Susan, Florence and Chye Thiam. It was snowing and raining and snowing and all of us are soaked wet.... you can see the pictures to imagine how wet we were....



4. I also went to Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch (10/7) - we managed to go thru the first corn maze in less than 30 mins :).... but the second corn maze was pretty challenging because we got stuck and could not figure the way out :(.... after the maze, we went to Pumpkin Patch where we see huge Pumpkins :)....




5. Went to Haunted House - hehehe - yes, even though a lot of people know that I even scared to watch a scary movie. I went to experience Haunted House... It was pretty amazing... shouted a lot but did not have nightmare. Highlight of the trip is that some 'ghost' or 'creature' can crawl like the lady from Ju On.... sounds creepy :p...

6. Went to AZ for the week (10/20 - 10/27) - Watch Rihanna in Concert (she looks pretty), went to Katchner Caverns and Tombstone (experience the cowboy adventure - yeee haah..), visited Meng Chi, Jenny, Siew Min, Teng Hock and Mable.... of course - we had a housewarming at Ai Ssa's place cum bday celebration for Lorna :) :) :)

Katcher Caverns



Tombstone



Rihanna



7. Lake Tahoe (11/10) - went to Folsom for Business Trip and I have the weekend there. It was WOW when i first saw it but it was ok lar after driving around the lake for few hours.... :)




8. Bryce and Zion National Park (11/17 - 11/18) - it was an eye opening trip that I could not believe I was there.... It is WOW WOW WOW at every stop... I still can't believe the beauty of Bryce and Zion National Park. The stones formation tells you stories (my imagination lar :p ).... Praise GOD for creating such magnificient formation of stones....

Zion National Park

Bryce National Park




9. Arches, National Monument, Rocky Mountain, Denver, Santa Fe (11/22 - 11/25) - Drove total 2000 miles to go to these places. Up till now, I still could not believe that we (with Ai Ssa and Susan) actually did it . Rocky Mountain was magnificient and with snow around the mountain range makes it more spectacular :). It was WOW. Denver is a city of Arts in Colorado and reminds me of Melbourne. Santa Fe is a small town in New Mexico and I like the architecture and the atmosphere of the town. Really really unique....




10. Kitt's Peak Observatory (12/14)- Had a first chance encountering astronomy :).... Really cool to sleep under a lot of stars. To be honest, I have not seen soo many stars before and it is nice to do that. Oh, forgot the most important part - meteor shower :).... Did I make wishes??? Kekekeke - don't want to let you know.....




11. I will be going to New York soon (12/26/2007 - 1/2/2008) :)... I hope God will bless this trip because I did not make it last time :p.... Will write more about New York after I come back.....

It has been an amazing adventure for me in US. It's like a dream come true for me :) :) :). I will always remember the sweet and not soooo sweet memories and the people I met and hang out while I was here (you know who you are :p....)... I will try to complete my other stories and post more pictures when I get back. I shipped my hard disk back home :p...
THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY 2007 AN ADVENTURE I COULD NOT FORGET!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment