Saturday, June 20, 2009

Portland Town

I like Portland town because it offers varieties of restaurants, a big book store, and several interesting shops. I like to spend the time walking around Portland town when the weather is nice.

The original blog was posted on Mar 3rd 2007. Did you see the trend?


Portland Town

As I began to settle down in Hillsboro, I decided it is about time I venture to Portland town. It is located about 16 miles or 26km from Hillsboro. My friends and I decided to take a train to Portland because it is difficult to drive there as they have train tracks around the city. Parking also is a big problem for us to drive to Portland town.

The train station is located within walking distance from my apartment. We took the train to Portland town and the cost is about $4.25 for 1 day ticket.




We reached Portland town after 45 mins train ride. The town is a small town unlike New York, Boston, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore and it is peaceful town. It reminds me of Penang because there are many old buildings and some date back to 1890s. Enjoy the pictures below.



Majority of people in Portland usually take the Portland Streetcar to move around Portland car. It is some sort like train but the train station is small unlike LRT in KL or MRT in Singapore. The train station in Portland does not have a barricade and people walked on the train tracks. We just need to be careful to watch for any trains coming and etc.




Portland has the biggest book store I ever seen (it is bigger than Kinokuniya in KL). They offered a lot of new and used books. Used books are sold cheaper but it is still can be used. I guess this will be my place to hangout if I have nothing to do during weekend. Hey, no harm spending time to browse through the books there because it does not cost anything except the train tickets and coffee :).

Well, it is not bad to stay in Portland if you are a person who likes quiet and relax life. I am a person who likes the small restaurant or places that I will explore come Spring and Summer. I just can't wait for Spring as it is just around the corner.





No comments:

Post a Comment